Sunday, July 8, 2012

This is really happening.

It has been nearly two weeks since Jason and I got the news that will change our lives forever. We are going to be parents!

 I found out I am pregnant in a very unconventional way. And that is where this crazy ride begins. After having long cycles and not having a period since March 24th, I finally got to a new doctor that was willing to prescribe me Provera to help move things along. After discussing a few more things, I told the doctor about my lower abdominal cramping and extremely sore breasts. She gave me a funny look and sent me to the bathroom to take a pregnancy test. She said she "just had a feeling about me". The nurse took my test back to her cubical to wait the results while I made a follow up appointment with the receptionist. A few minutes passed and the nurse came around the corner holding the test. She had this happy/excited look on her face. And the best words possible came out of her mouth, "You are pregnant!" Of course I immediately burst into tears right there. Instead of Provera my prescription was changed to prenatal vitamins. The doctor came back out and set me up with blood work the following day to check my numbers. And and ultrasound was scheduled for the next week for dating.

The blood work showed me to be 5 to 6 weeks along. But, the ultrasound showed a little one about 8 weeks along. That means I am due around mid February! I feel so behind because we didn't find out until a bit later than most, but I know I have 32 weeks to prepare my home and life to bring my precious baby home!


No comments:

Post a Comment