Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One journey ends...

... And another begins. A journey of loss. I never thought I would have to experience this but here I am. After hearing that strong, steady heartbeat at 8 weeks along, I really thought we were in the clear. This baby was not meant to be.

Today Jason and I went to the doctor for a routine appointment. After discussing some basic things she tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler. After trying for what felt like forever, but was actually probably 10 minutes she made the decision to send me to ultrasound for a quick look. She went ahead with my exam and said everything looked and felt great. So on down to ultrasound I went.

I knew as soon as that ultrasound wand touched my stomach that something was wrong. The baby looked tiny. Nearly the same size as it had at my other ultrasound. The baby only measured around 9 weeks. There was no heartbeat.

Now we have to make the decision about how to proceed with things.

Where do we go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment