Monday, October 1, 2012

This is a shock.

Today I am 9DPO. That means according to the basal body temperature I record every morning I ovulated 9 days ago. For some reason when I woke up this morning I had the urge to test. I just used one of the cheapie Wondfos that come with the OPKs. I waited five minutes and checked... I thought there was a faint line, but when I asked Jason he said he couldn't see anything.

I still felt like there was a line there, so when I went to the store this afternoon I picked up a First Response Early Response test. They are supposed to detect HCG levels 6 days before your missed period. I was going to wait till tomorrow morning to take a test so I could use first morning urine that is stronger, but I just couldn't wait. Sure enough 3 minutes later there were two lines! A positive test...


That is a pretty strong line for only 9DPO! I texted Jason at work and told him to call me. There was no way I could wait till he got home tonight to tell him. I also called the doctor right away because of the Thrombophilia and my recent loss. I go see the nurse on Thursday at 3!

We are cautiously optimistic and happy. I am definitely nervous, but I know this will be my take home baby! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment